Wednesday 4 January 2017

Top 5 Favourite Lipsticks for Winter

During this time of year I love wearing darker lips and I find that you can get away with a darker colour during the winter months. I've chosen these five shown below based on their pigmentation, wear during the day and how comfortable they feel on the lips. I've also picked one shade which may not come under the darker berry category for those who may not be as confident in rocking a dark lip colour. All lipstick colours on the lips are without lip liners to show you guys its true colour and pigmentation. I hope you try these lipsticks out and discover why I love them!
 
 
 
From left to right: Mac Lipstick- Amorous, Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick- Birkin Brown, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick- Plum Plum Girl, Mac Lipstick-Rebel, MUA Matte Lipstick- Wild Berry.
 

 
 
This lipstick is an absolute bargain for just £1.00!! You may be thinking that it must have less pigmentation or wear during the day compared to a higher priced lipstick but you'll be proved wrong. I picked this lipstick (let's be honest for the price) but was pleasantly surprised by how pigmented it was for the price.
 
 
This lipstick is absolutely stunning with its unique velvet texture and wand stick makes it easier to get a precise coat on your lips. I love how this texture looks on the lips without it looking drying or uncomfortable. It is definitely lightweight and sometimes I even forget I'm wearing something on my lips which is a bonus. The price is £8.99 which is not cheap for a drugstore purchase but it is definitely worth it.
 
 
This lipstick is priced at £15.50 which more of a higher priced brand but with MAC being a worldwide known brand I was confident in buying this lipstick. The finish is a satin finish which I was glad about knowing how some MAC matte lipsticks can be over-drying. Also in the winter the satin finish will give some hydration to your lips. Even if this product is more higher priced, I would recommend this lipstick for its pigmentation and finish on the lips.
 
 
This luxury lipstick is priced at £23.00 (definitely a high end brand) and for the pigmentation and wear of the product I wouldn't say the money was worth it however this colour is unique and I've never come across a colour like this at the drugstore. The pro is that it wears well throughout the day with no touch-ups needed and is a matte lipstick which does not dry your lips out (hooray!). The classy gold packaging definitely gives it that higher brand feel so if you have the money then it's definitely worth the splurge.
 
 
This is another MAC lipstick priced at £15.50 and is another satin finish which is great for the winter months to keep your lips hydrated. It's not a colour you would consider a dark lip but for those who want to try a colour that is still considered a darker colour I would highly suggest to purchase this.
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© DAVINA. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig