Wednesday 20 September 2017

Hair Story + Update

Hi Guys!!!
 
Hope you all are doing well. First of all, can I just mention that Autumn/Winter is officially here. I'm wrapped up in my blanket with a cup of tea while trying to type this up. Anyway, back to why you're here, if you follow me on snapchat or instagram you would have seen that I got my balayage re-done.
 
But, what is it you ask? Balayage is a French colouring technique that is applied by hand rather than using the traditional foiling or cap highlighting techniques. It has a much softer, less noticeable regrowth lines giving a natural look to the overall hair.
 
It is probably less damaging than conventional colouring techniques which use foils and heat to set the colour However I did notice with the bleach it can leave the ends quite dry, therefore take aftercare very seriously (lots of hair masks and conditioner)! 
 
The story of my hair...
 
About 2 years ago, I decided I wanted something new with my hair and I heard a lot of people talking about the balayage technique. I was a bit weary at first as I have heard a lot of stories about black hair that turned ginger in the process of trying to lighten it. I decided to go to my trustworthy hairdresser and discuss what they could recommend for me. I wanted caramel/brown mixed in with my natural hair and this is exactly how it turned out! It was achieved through bleaching the strands of hair first and then adding toner of the desired colour of choice. The colour remained for a while but as my hair grew longer the colour started to fade as well. This is why last week I went back to the same place and got it re-done, and here is the before and after picture of my hair (we went with similar tones as before).


BEFORE (hair where the colour began to fade):

 
 AFTER:




The hairdresser did mention that in the following weeks, as the colour settles, it will become lighter!
 
For me this was the best decision, as it gave me a boost in confidence!
 
If you want me to do a haircare video or blogpost, comment down below! (If you haven't already, please subscribe to my YouTube channel davina_uk)
 
And I will be back soon with more posts coming your way :) xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© DAVINA. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig