Thursday 16 November 2017

Hair Full of Secrets

Hello guys and girls! Welcome back to my blog. Today I have a new post for you guys and its all about my hair. I get questioned about my hair all the time, whether its to do with how I grew my hair so long, how I keep it looking shiny and what type of shampoo I use. As it was so highly requested, I thought I would spill the beans. If you haven't already seen my post on my balayage process, check that out first!


Before I wash my hair...

To be fair, I don't really do much before I wash my hair but I do make sure I apply coconut oil in my scalp and ends of my hair the night before I plan to wash my hair. It stimulates hair growth and reduces dandruff as well as adding shine and softness to the hairIt is also great for the prevention of hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length. Make sure to use organic, cold-pressed, raw coconut oil (this is basically the purest form of coconut oil which contains all the goodness you want). Check out my post on coconut oil if you want any good brand recommendations!

Products I use to wash my hair...






Repeated washing can damage coloured hair, so it's best to invest in a good colour protectant shampoo. This one smells gorgeous and it does the job. It contains 'cationic polymers' which claims to care and protect the hair so that it retains the colour vibrancy and intensity. It leaves my hair feeling nourished and smooth which is important as coloured hair can get dry! I work this only on the ends of my hair as this is where most my hair is dyed.



I use this shampoo on the scalp of my head and really work up a lather to remove all the coconut oil. This is a perfect shampoo for those with normal to dry hair. This gives you that L'oreal 'you're worth it' hair. The formula contains fine coconut oil (yea I can't get enough of this stuff) which again nourishes the hair follicles and smells absolutely divine!



We use shampoo to clean our hair, which means we sometimes wash out the good oils, but we need to restore the hairs natural oils and give it back some moisture! This is why conditioner is important, we don't want to overdry the hair. I love this one from Aussie, it smells great and it is packed full of hair magic such as Australian Macadamia Nut Oil, Jojoba-seed Oil and Avocado Oil! I take a generous amount and start working it into my ends and work myself up and whatever is left on my hands I work onto the scalp as well. If you're someone like me who styles their hair often or you generally just suffer from dry hair then try this, I promise you it will change your hair game! It leaves your hair insanely silky smooth and ensures damage control. Also, conditioner works a dream at removing coconut oil from your hair more than shampoo!



After shower care...




So some of you might skip this step, but my ends get insanely dry, so I always use a hair serum as well as a hair conditioner.
First thing I do after I towel dry my hair is to apply a serum, and you guessed it it's by Aussie (fav)!






This treatment can be used either on wet or dry hair, you only need 1-2 pumps for your whole hair. It contains Australian Jojoba Seed oil, which protects coloured oil and adds that beautiful shine that everyone wants.
Next, I go in with a hair conditioner.






This is a lightweight, leave-in conditioner so there is no need to wash this stuff out. It helps to detangle your hair which I suffer quite badly with! Again, it is infused with that miracle product Australian Jojoba Seed oil. 
What I use to style the hair...




When I do style my hair, I always make sure to use a good hair protectant. The one that I have always used and have been loving is by Tresemme.






This hair protectant is the bomb, it does exactly what it tells you and is such good value for money. It contains heat activated complexes which help protect hair when you're styling your hair with heat, it protects up to 230°C. It prevents hair becoming brittle and dull as well as a UV filter. It is the ultimate shield of protection for your hair all in one bottle. 




No-one likes limp, flat hair, so when I do suffer from this, I go in with a volumizing powder.






This powder is absolute magic. It gives the hair that instant root boost, however, it does make your hair feel stiff so if you don't like that, then this product isn't for you. It gives your roots a matte finish and gives that just came out of the hair salon effect.

So that's all folks, that's all my hair secrets for you! 
Please take into consideration that these products work well for me and may not work for you as everyone's hair type are different! You just have to play around and see which ones work for you but I hope that this gives you an idea of some products to try out! I'm always up for trying new products, so if you've tried any and have some recommendations then please leave a comment or tweet me!
Until next time, take care guys x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© DAVINA. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig