Sunday 19 March 2017

Top 5 Nude Lipsticks for Olive/Medium/Indian Skintones

 
Finding a good nude lipstick which doesn't make you look like you're ill (not a good look) is tricky when you have olive/medium/Indian skin tones but here are my top 5 lipsticks which I'm absolutely in love with! I've reviewed each one of these nude lipsticks and even though they all come under the same family, I love how each lipstick differs from one another. Although one of them is a liquid lipstick I feel like I can get away with calling it a nude lipstick with it's creamy formula and its velvety texture. All these lipsticks have been tested without a lip pencil so that you can see each lipstick's true form on the lips. I hope you get to try out these nude lipsticks and fall in love with them like I have! x

This soft matte lip cream by NYX is unbelievably moisturising and I know this is not technically a lipstick (shhh!) , as you can see, its soft velvety texture allows it to apply like a lipstick on the lips. In my opinion, I wouldn't class this as a liquid lipstick due to it not being so thin in consistency and not needing to be so precise in application. This colour is perfect for medium skin tones and retails for £5.50 which you can't go wrong with. The next time you pop into Boots- grab one of these and I promise you won't regret it! 

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipsticks in 630 Velvet Beige is a pink based nude and I think pink based nudes look great on medium skin tones. This colour can easily make medium skin tones look washed out, however this has the perfect amount of pink in a nude shade to still be able to pull off. At £6.99, this creamy lipstick is ideal for those who hate matte lipsticks.

There are so many nude lipsticks by MAC and honestly, when I walk into a MAC counter I find it daunting to choose a nude lipstick with so many various nude lipsticks to choose from so to make your life easier this taupe shade is amazing for olive/medium/Indian skin tones. There is also another MAC nude lipstick listed however they are both so different. This has a brown/reddish undertone to it which has become popular (the 90's lip trend is everywhere!) and those with a lighter skin tone can definitely pull this lipstick off. This is priced at £16.50 which I know is a lot of money for just a lipstick but it lasts all day even when eating and drinking and for that alone the price can be justified.
 
 This 90's inspired nude by Gerard Cosmetics is a matte lipstick. I love how even though its a matte, it applies so easily on the lips due to its creamy texture which makes it unique. It's priced at £11.00 online and I love the gold packaging which make it look like a high-end lipstick. I always rely on this neutral nude if I don't know what lipstick to go for and every time I wear it I fall in love with its formula!
 
Another lipstick by MAC but with an Amplified finish which means that it's not a matte finish so it leaves your lips hydrated and almost has a gloss finish to it. This nude lipstick has pink undertone to it and compliments medium skin tones so beautifully. If you normally stay away from matte lipsticks then you'll love this smooth creamy formula as well as keeping your lips moisturised. Again priced at £16.50 but its long-wearing formula and high pigment make it worth it to splurge on it.


*This post is NOT sponsored and all opinions are my own*
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© DAVINA. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig